The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 2,500 RPM Screwdriver (model XSF05Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) breaks new ground in high demand applications. It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. With the exclusive Push Drive™ Technology, the 18V 2,500 RPM Screwdriver can be set on lock-on mode so the motor starts only when the fastener is engaged. This gives contractors a quieter work environment, and also saves on battery power. It’s built for added durability with Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), which is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions. It is ideal for hanging sheetrock, metal framing, installing subfloors, backer board, and decking applications.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Brushless motor delivers 0-2,500 RPM with increased torque to handle high demand fastening applications
- Push Drive™ Technology – in lock-on mode the motor starts only when the fastener is engaged for a quieter work environment and to save battery power
- Depth adjustable nose piece with 5/16" nutsetter delivers consistent screw fastening performance
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- All metal gears and aluminum gear housing for maximum job site durability
- Steel-reinforced belt clip and hook for increased durability and user convenience
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area; remains on for approximately 10 seconds after releasing the trigger
- Ergonomically designed rubberized pistol grip with large 2-finger trigger for increased comfort
- Lock-on trigger switch button for continuous use
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 9-3/8" long
- Weighs only 3.9 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Bit Type: 1/4" Hex
- No Load Speed (2 spd): 0/2,500 RPM
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 9-3/8"
- Net Weight (with battery): 3.9 lbs.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Torque adjustment: No
- (1) 5/16" Magnetic Nutsetter, 2-5/8" (784804-5)
- (1) Belt Clip (346449-3)