The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 16 Gauge Straight Shear (model XSJ02Z, tool only) combines high speed and increased maneuverability in a compact size with less weight. The XSJ02Z has a Makita-built 4-pole motor with 4,300 strokes per minute for faster cutting, yet it weighs only 5.1 lbs (with battery, sold separately) for better control in cutting steel and stainless steel sheet metal.
The XSJ02Z features a high performance double blade design that minimizes material distortion and produces clean cuts with minimal burrs. It will cut up to 16 gauge mild steel, 18 gauge stainless steel and 12 gauge aluminum. For increased application versatility it has a radius cutting capability of 9-7/8” diameter. Convenience features include a barrel grip design, rubberized soft grip handle, and a slide switch with lock-on capability for continuous operation.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Cuts up to 16 gauge mild steel, 18 gauge stainless steel and easily cuts through 22 gauge spiral duct seams
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 4,300 strokes per minute for faster cutting
- Compact barrel grip design with rubberized soft grip enables one-handed operation in various orientations
- High performance double blade design minimizes material distortion and produces clean cuts with minimal burrs
- Radius cutting capability allows for easy turns and circular cutting applications
- Anti-restart protection is designed to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Built-in alert light provides overload motor protection warning and low battery recharge warning for operator convenience
- Slide switch with lock-on capability for continuous operation
- Solid aluminum housing for added durability
- Externally accessible brushes for easy serviceability
- On-board wrench storage for quick and easy blade adjustment or replacement
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging, over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Capacity (mild steel, gauge): 16 gauge
- Capacity (stainless, gauge): 18 gauge
- Strokes Per Minute: 4,300 SPM
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- 360° Rotating Head: No
- Overall Length: 14-1/4"
- Net Weight: 4.4 lbs
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 3.97 lbs
- (1) Center Blade (792534-4)
- (1) Side Blade Set (792533-6)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783201-2)